TBC is looking for a full-time public relations professional who can manage day-to-day PR client and media relations to ultimately achieve our clients’ business goals.
You’ll have a minimum of 3-5 years of communications experience with a proven track record of securing news placements and interviews, writing succinct but powerful press materials and demonstrating knowledge of the media landscape. You’ll also be solutions-oriented, persistent and hungry for PR wins, but willing to collaborate and learn. This position reports directly to TBC’s Director of Public Relations.
- Written Communications: In AP Style, draft materials such as news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, pitch emails, talking points, etc.
- Media Relations: Develop and maintain excellent media, blogger and influencer relationships in client markets across the country, including hyperlocal, regional and national.
- Event Planning: Plan, execute and staff media events such as press conferences, media tours and photoshoots from start to finish.
- Campaign & Editorial Planning: Calendar ownership inclusive of events, publication editorial calendars, and timely awareness opportunities for clients, both seasonal and based on client industry.
- Campaign Execution: Distribute press releases and follow up, pitch story ideas/news and facilitate interviews.
- Database Management & Reporting: As necessary and in alignment with TBC’s Public Relations Analyst, create and update media contact lists, analyze campaign results and create and deliver reports to clients.
- Strategic Thinking: We want to know your opinion! Share public relations ideas for the accounts on the TBC client roster as well as for the agency. Stay aware and inform internal team members of the competitive industry and media landscapes.
- Teamwork: Work with account, creative, digital and social teams to stay aware of potential news hooks to bring value to our clients and to TBC.
- Consume News: Follow industry news, including newsroom changes, and experiment with emerging tools and techniques as applicable.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional public relations experience, with a proven track record in securing news placements and interviews, writing press materials and demonstrating knowledge of the media industry.
- Professional experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn a bonus!
- Professional experience with PR monitoring tools such as Cision and Critical Mention.
- Excellent writing skills, and an ability to write for a range of editorial voices. Proficiency in AP Style is a must.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask on deadline.
- Confidence in executing tasks independently, working with remote team members, and interacting with peers and senior executives within the agency.
Interested applicants may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary commensurate with experience
It’s not by accident that 60% of our team has been at TBC for over 5 years!
We take pride fostering an Agency culture that allows our employees to be fulfilled both professionally and personally. While the approach is ever evolving to meet the needs of our team, the following four Cultural Pillars are foundational: Social, Philanthropic, Professional Development, and Personal Enrichment. To follow are examples of how these Cultural Pillars come to life:
We have a committee that’s dedicated to making sure TBC isn’t all work and no play. With input from all corners of the agency, they plan activities and events all year long. One of our favorites is the Annual Cornhole Tournament, but the committee is also known for planning awesome:
- Potluck Cooking Contests
- Offsite Happy Hours
- Football (and Fútbol) Viewing Parties
- Scavenger Hunts
- Wine Tastings
- Fitness Fridays
Throughout each year, TBC collectively supports various charities that are important to the Agency and our team members. In the past these have included:
- House of Ruth
- Beans & Bread
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Midtown Academy
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- Lunch and Learns
- Cross-department Training
- Professional Memberships
- Subject Matter Conferences
- Industry expert 1:1 Training
- 9 paid holidays
- 401K matching
- Paid time off and vacation
- Flex Time Policy
- Agency closed between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Fridays
Last, but not least, Kindness Matters
We’ve learned most agency folks fall into one of two categories: the ones who refill the coffee maker and the ones who don’t. We far prefer the former, not just because we love coffee, but because considerate humans make considerate co-workers. Before we’re TBC’s copywriters or media planners, we’re people. Kindness isn’t always easy and patience takes practice, but when we prioritize goodwill, we do great work we can all feel good about together.
If your experience, professional goals and personal outlook are aligned with this description, please apply by sending your resume and statement of interest to email@example.com